|to main page||
Welcome to the 2014-15 Science Olympiad Season
Welcome to another year of Science Olympiad! The season will official start in September when we are expecting to receive our first shipment of manuals. There are a few items of housekeeping to take care of:
1. The date for the state tournament will be announced shortly on the website. We are still firming up the dates. There is a 90% chance it will be in April this year and not March.
2. The national tournament will be held in Lincoln, Nebraska this year in May.
3. We have the date for a few of the regional tournaments already and we will put the rest on the website as soon as we have them.
4. We have a very exciting change to the way this year’s state tournament will be run. We will still be inviting 32 teams to the tournament, but we will also be inviting students that placed 1st in an event to the tournament if their team does not qualify. So, for example, if students from Team Silver places first in Bungee Drop but their team does not qualify for the state tournament those 2 students will be invited to compete in Bungee Drop at State.
5. We will no longer have Region 9 in the state. After a trial period of 3 years there did not prove to be a need for this region. There will be a new map and county change on Region 7 and Region 8. Please be sure to check your county and region numbers before submitting your Membership Form.
In order to comply with many
of the new payments systems in school districts we have
changed the look of our Membership Form.
Many people believe that you are paying for
competing, which is not true.
You are actually obtaining a membership to Science
Olympiad which entitles you to receive a manual, insurance
coverage for the students at any sanctioned event,
invitations to compete at the regional level, the state
level (if you qualify) and the national level (if you
new form will designate the time period the membership is
active as well as some new payment models (ACH, Credit Card
and PayPal) for school districts who wish to utilize a model
different from check writing. The form is a PDF and can
be completed electronically then printed or if desired
submitted with electronic payment. It can found in the
left sidebar or by clicking
(There may be issues using Chrome, please try IE or FireFox)
The form is a PDF and can be completed electronically then printed or if desired submitted with electronic payment. It can found in the left sidebar or by clicking here... (There may be issues using Chrome, please try IE or FireFox)
7. The Coaches Workshop will be October 18, 2014 this year. We will be accepting registration for this event very soon. As above, schools can pay by ACH, credit card and PayPal. We will also accept credit cards on site this year as well.
A reminder to all, e-mail is the best way to contact the state office at email@example.com. As I am not a school teacher, my hours as a nurse vary greatly and sometimes I do not get home until after many of you are in bed, and I usually leave the house before many of you get up so phone communication is difficult at best. For those of you who choose to fax, I have a digital fax and even though you hear the answering machine, it will flip over to the fax when it hears your “handshake” on the other end.
I wish you great luck for the upcoming school year and Science Olympiad season!
Patty Palmietto, State Director
Missouri Science Olympiad
Visit The Missouri Science Olympiad Store
The Missouri Science Olympiad apparel store has been fixed and is back online with a new order form. Visit the store to buy your gear now...